It's Spring time, so many amazing new and clean dishes are on the horizon. I love cooking clean, so anytime I can put together something easy and super healthy is a huge win for me! What I ended up making recently was a very easy gluten free pasta dish with cannelli beans.
Here's the recipe:
- Gluten Free Pasta
- Cannelli Beans (I usually use Goya brand)
- Olive Oil
- I boil the water for my pasta first, I add a pinch of salt in my water and the only salt I use is Kosher and wait for the water to come to a boil.
- I open my can of beans and rinse them first.
- I put a pan on with olive oil (extra virgin), once the oil is hot I add my garlic its important not to burn your garlic so adjust your heat accordingly.
- I add my can of beans to the pan and start stirring the beans so they get entrenched with the garlic and oil I leave this on for about 15 minutes, its important not to burn your beans literally because they will dry out and start to crack, you want it moist.
- Ok, back to the pasta: the water is boiling and now I add my pasta. I cook the pasta for about 8-10 minutes, every pasta is different on cook times and also depends if you want it al dente, which I do.
- Then pasta is ready, I do the test with my wooden spoon scoop one out and eat it, if its good I then drain the pasta.
- I now marry the pasta with the beans and mix them up nicely.
- I like to garnish the final dish with basil and some red hot pepper flakes, and finito.! Enjoy.