I'm honored to have Anu Karwa as my guest wine expert & blogger this week for Top Wine Picks on Valentine's Day.
Anu Karwa created and runs Swirl Events, an in-home and corporate wine tasting party company with a fresh, hip approach (http://www.swirlevents.com/) in New York City. Her mission is to make wine a fun and easy part of everyday living; never intimidating or stuffy.
Anu's Top Wine Picks:
- 2007 Sorelle Bronca Prosecco ($17)- I'm a huge Prosecco fan and this one is my favorites. Made by a team of sisters, it's produced several times a year to be super fresh. Skip the Champagne and check out this Prosecco. http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=991909
- 2007 Medici Ermete 'Solo' Lambrusco ($15) These "frizzante" or semi-sparkling wines are made from the grape of the same name and reign from Emilia-Romagna in Italy. The jammy, vibrant dark berry fruit has a touch of fizz and finishes dry. Red and sparkling - what could be more romantic? (http://www.franklywines.com/).
- 2005 Feudi di San Gregorio Rubrato Aglianico ($18.99) Bring out the bold and spicy! This lesser known grape provides incredibly intensity in aroma and finishes silky smooth. www.unionsquarewines.com.
- 2004 Ruffino Riserva Ducale Chianti Classico ($22) For lovers of the classics, this Chianti Classico made of Sangiovese grapes, exhibits the black cherries we'd expect but is balanced by an earthy, rustic nature that Chianti lovers celebrate.
- Valle Dell'Acate, Il Frappato ($22) Sicilian wines are on the rise and need to be explored! Bright raspberry flavors burst in your mouth with a wine that could only be described as happy. 100% Frappato grapes. It begs to be paired with every day Italian red sauce dishes. http://www.italianwinemerchantstore.com/wineshop/index.html
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day and thank you Anu Karwa for your expertise and knowledge in wine.
Check out Anu's original blog that compares wine to celebrities http://swirlsavvy.blogspot.com/ and listen to her on Martha Stewart Living radio: http://www.swirlevents.com/buzz.html Tweet