Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Monday, October 17, 2022
Italian minestrone gluten free, vegan recipe
- Sautee onion, celery, carrots in large pot with olive oil.
- Add a few cups of water or vegetable broth depending on the size of your pot, don't put too much as this could water down the consistency.
- Add tomatoes, cannellini or red kidney beans - I like to drain the beans first before adding.
- Add your spices - oregano, salt to taste, garlic powder (you can put whatever you like)
- Add your pasta - I cook my pasta first and then add to my soup mix for final boil. I make gluten free usually and it tastes just as amazing as regular.
- I cook everything for about 30 minutes or till I feel all vegetables are soft, don't overcook if you've added pasta because then it can break apart. Just my suggestion. Also I find with minestrone soup, I make it slightly different each time, because you can be creative with vegetables. Happy soup season!
Saturday, May 7, 2022
Here's another great couple of dishes I've perfected over the last year while we hunkered down during the pandemic. I discovered that using an air fryer is actually very convenient and cooks so many meals in no time and in a healthier way. Here's a great post about the benefits of using an air fryer: (Read here)
This week I made a grilled vegetable (zucchini and eggplant) for this I used my trusty old George Foreman grill, which I love. I slice the vegetables on my cutting board usually in circle shape of the vegetable not long ways to get more onto the grill. I lay them onto the grill and drizzle a tad of olive oil, I only use extra virgin oil btw. I also lay a few garlic slices across the layer of vegetables to give it an extra great taste, I love garlic.
For the stuffed mushrooms, I combined my 4C Gluten Free bread crumbs with Kosher salt, garlic salt, dried basil, dried oregano, some slices of fresh garlic. I then mix that and insert inside my cleaned mushrooms, I remove the stems and save those for an upcoming chicken dish or omelet contents. I then drizzle olive oil onto the tops put into the air fryer at lower temp and for about 20 minutes. You can add mozzarella cheese to the tops.
My sweet potatoes are amazing! Let's just start there. I wash the potatoes first just to get any dirt off. I think cut them into French fries shape, it took me a while to figure out to cut potatoes so they would be better in the air fryer.
I then put them all cut into another dish and drizzle olive oil, garlic salt and dried basil. I cover the dish and shake it making sure everything is coated. I then put into the air fryer at a low temp for up to 25/ 30 minutes. I flip the potatoes often because I like them golden.
Once all your dishes are done cooking I plate them and wow! Healthy, quick and very satisfying!
Posted by Italian American Girl at 3:19 PM